Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More Running

Running- running - more running. Am I getting any faster? I don't have one of those fancy running computers, would like to get a Garmin Forerunner 405, but they are very expensive. I use Map My Run, to figure out how far I go on each of my runs. I have a Freestyle Watch which has a stopwatch function, so I know exactly how long each of my runs last.

Run Analysis
Did 6 miles on Monday in 1 hour 10 minutes. That means I was doing 11.66 minute miles.

Went for a 34 minute, 3 mile run with the Delray Beach Team in Training marathon team tonight. That comes out to 11.33 minute miles.

Sunday's 8 mile run, completed in 1 hour 36 minutes = 12 minute miles.

So I guess I do go a bit faster on the shorter runs. But not by much.

Half Marathon Goal
I'm doing my first half marathon on December 7th. I originally thought my goal would be 2 1/2 hours or less. That would come out to 11.45 minute miles or faster. I have 3 more months to train for the half, so I'm setting a new goal - to do the half in 2 1/4 hours or less. That would mean I need to average 10.3 minute miles.

Thinking about running tomorrow morning, or I could sleep - tough choices!

Take care,
Lynn Smythe

No comments: