Thursday, September 4, 2008

Marathon Fundraising Letter


I'm getting ready to send out fundraising letters to help raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, while I train for the Disney Marathon. Here is a copy of the letter I'll probably be using. The ideas for the letter came from the Charity Mile website. Thought I'd post it to the Charity Fitness Events site, in case anyone else needs help wording their fundraising letters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

Without a doubt, I am getting ready for the biggest challenge of my life. On January 11th, 2009, I will be running in my first marathon at the Disney Marathon in Orlando, Florida. That’s 26.2 miles, and yes all at once. Luckily, I am not doing this on my own. I have joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training program. Through this program, I have great coaches, mentors, and teammates whose support will help me cross the finish line.

As I run the course, you will be with me in spirit, and your sponsorship will inspire me to run stronger and faster to the finish line. A donation of one dollar per mile is suggested, but whatever you can do to contribute matters…it all adds up! With over 75% of your donation going directly to research and patient services, you truly can make a difference.

More importantly even than my physical commitment to the program is my commitment to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, in its effort to battle Leukemia and related cancers. These diseases strike over 107,000 Americans each year and acute leukemia is the number one cause of death of children under the age of 15.

Research is the key to finding a cure, and funding for this research is essential. I have set a personal goal to raise $2,400 toward this effort. If possible, please send your donation, along with the enclosed pledge form, to me by November 19th so I can monitor my fundraising efforts. However, I will continue to accept donations until the day of the race.

You can send me a check, made out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to my address listed below. Or, you can make a donation via credit card by visiting my online fundraising website: http://pages.teamintraining.org/pb/wdw09/lsmythe.

Thank you for your support,


Lynn Smythe
address

No comments: