Sunday, August 31, 2008

8 Mile Marathon Training Run

I just got back from doing an 8 mile run/walk. I was originally planning on getting up at 5:45 AM this morning, but was lazy, and stayed in bed instead. So I went out tonight, at around 6:30 PM to go for my run. It took me 1 hour 36 minutes, certainly not a land speed record, but I am improving. The first time I ran this distance, it took me almost 2 hours to complete.

8 miles is still along ways from the 26.2 miles of a full marathon, but I've got to start somewhere. I'm doing the Disney Marathon on January 11th, 2009, so I still have a bit of time to get some training runs in!

Here is a link to the route I ran, starting from my house in Delray Beach, which I mapped out on the Map My Run website. I also map out my cycling routes on their companion May My Ride site.


View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

Lynn’s Training Schedule:
I'm training for the following events through the Team in Training program, to help raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Please consider making a donation towards my fund raising campaign to help raise money for this worthy cause.

10/26/08 - 20th Intracoastal Century Ride - 100 mile bicycle ride - Cocoa Beach, FL
12/07/08 - Marathon of the Palm Beaches - 13.1 mile half marathon - West Palm Beach, FL
01/11/09 - Disney Marathon - 26.2 mile marathon - Orlando, FL


Take care,
Lynn Smythe AKA the Bike Diva

No comments: