Sunday, August 31, 2008

14th Annual Buddy Walk


Due to financial constraints, my husband and I usually enjoy making coffee at home, in lieu of purchasing a cup of joe at the local coffee shops. The other day, we gave in and went to Starbucks. As I was waiting for my venti caramel macchiato soy, I saw a display of brochures for the Buddy Walk.

I picked up a brochure so I could add the details of the event to the Charity Fitness Events site. The Buddy Walk benefits the National Down Syndrome Society.

WHAT
14th Annual Buddy Walk. One mile advocacy walk or 5K (3.1 mile) fitness walk/run.

WHEN
Sunday, October 19th, 2008.

WHERE
John Prince Park center drive pavilion, Lake Worth, Florida.

DETAILS
Registration begins at 8:00 AM. Walk begins at 9:00 AM. Register by October 9th for $12 per person. Registration the day of the walk is $20 per person. Registration includes the walk, t-shirt, refreshments and entertainment.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Visit the Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization: www.goldcoastdownsyndrome.org.

Take care,
Lynn Smythe AKA the Bike Diva

No comments: