Monday, April 7, 2008

Sweat for Savannah

IFTA LogoLAC Logo
What: An entire weekend of fitness dedicated to our friend's daughter, Savannah Cash. A jam packed three day event open to everyone!

Who: Savannah is the daughter of Shannon and Laurie Cash and sister of older brother Connor. Shannon was a member of our El Tour de Tucson Team in Training cycle team. We became friends with the entire Cash family during the 6 months of training for El Tour de Tucson. Shannon brought Laurie, Connor and Savannah out to Tucson along with the team in training cycle team. We had a blast the entire 4 days we were out in Arizona.

When: May 2 - May 4

Where: Lifetime Athletic Club, 1499 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL

Phone: 561-208-5900

Special group fitness classes being held all weekend long to raise money for Savannah. Classes include circuit training, outdoor studio cycling, cardio kickboxing, zumba, drums alive, aqua toning, senior dance, bosu muscle, step, sunset yoga and more.

Join much of Lifetime Athletic's group fitness talent featuring: Michelle Mascari, Bryan Sussman, Jojo Nicholson and Latty Hawkes. Also featuring well-known trainers and instructors including Gay Gasper, Greg Sims and Jeff Borden.

Classes and Fitness Certification
Saturday and Sunday include many individual fitness classes held throughout both days. Friday offers all day certification classes, Kickbox Certification, Cycle Certification, or Aqua Certificcation, for fitness trainers and personal trainers. The certification classes are through IFTA: Interactive Fitness Trainers of America. For additional information, or to register for these classes call 1-800-582-1814 or visit the website at www.ifta-fitness.com.

Message from Savannah: "Hi Everybody, I'm Savannah Cash. I'm 14 years old and attend West Boca High, but am now taught at home and here's my story. In January 2008 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I just finished 30 radiation treatments and will now begin chemotherapy. I don't know if I will lose my hair totally, but the radiation already gave me 3 bald spots that I cover pretty well!

The medicine makes my face feel numb and chubby. My brother calls me a chipmunk! I am having a hard time walking and my words are a little slurry because of the steroid medicine. But other than that, I feel pretty good!. I really appreciate you caring about me and all the kids dealing with cancer. Believe me, it isn't fun to go through this, but your efforts help out so much. Guess what!?! I AM smiling, you all help me smile!"

Love and Peace
Savannah Cash

Note
Rob and I got a chance to see the entire Cash family, including Savannah, today in Boca. Savannah's brother, Connor, works at Jersey Mike's subs in west Boca. Today Jersey Mike's was donating 25% of sales to the Cash family. Rob and I were in the area so decided to stop by at around 12:30 to pick up a couple of subs. We were happily surprised to see Shannon, Laurie and Savannah in line, waiting for Connor to finish making their subs. Although she is now confined to a wheel chair, Savannah was happy to see us. We didn't recognize Connor behind the counter at first. In support of his sister when she started to loose her hair, he decided to shave all his hair off. Nice haircut dude!

We will be participating in the MS150, along with Shannon, on May 3rd and 4th. But Laurie, Connor and Savannah plan on attending many of the events during the 3 day Sweat for Savannah fitness weekend.

No comments: