Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Trek Madone 6.5 is Here!


MY NEW ROAD BIKE IS HERE!!!
Rob got the call on Saturday afternoon that my new bike had arrived. He took my old bike over to Bike America so that it could be raped and pillaged for parts. They had to build the new bike and switch my pedals, water cages and cycle computer from my old bike to the Trek. So I couldn’t actually pick my new bike up until 11 AM on Sunday - torture waiting for it, felt like a kid at Christmas time!

Went for a short ride out of Boynton Inlet after we got the bike. It was too freaking hot and my legs were tired from the day before and Rob’s butt hurt so we decided NOT to do the double century ride (do you detect a hint of slight sarcasm here?). But it was still a good test ride.
My bike ROCKS! It is super smooth even going over rough road, pot holes and manhole covers. Rob says that’s because it’s totally carbon, guess my Cannondale still had a bit of aluminum components mixed in with the carbon. Rob says the seat fits my butt cheeks very nicely - I think that’s his way of saying the Trek (at 52 cm) is a better fit for me than the Cannondale (at 50 cm) was.

I even rode in the drops for quite awhile and didn’t feel out of control. Never could ride the drops on my Cannondale - always felt like I was going to go careening off into space. The only problem I had was the brakes are much more responsive. I need to have a lighter touch if I want to avoid doing an endo into oncoming A1A traffic. I always had to squeeze the sh*t out of my Cannondale brakes.

I thought my Cannondale synapse 2 was the bomb, but now I’m ready to get my passport, buy a ticket to France and ride in THE Tour. Now I have to save my pennies for carbon water bottle holders, prettier pedals, etc…PIMP MY RIDE!!!

Here’s a description of my new bike:
Lighter. Faster. Stronger. Trek’s Madone 6.5 WSD features their revolutionary OCLV Red Series carbon for a super-light, super-stiff frame that is specifically designed for women. Plus, Bontrager’s Race XXX Lite carbon fork and Race X Lite wheels keep the weight to a minimum, while an oversize bottom bracket shell and asymmetrical chainstays help you throw down the power. And, with top-of-the line components, including a full Shimano Dura-Ace 20-speed drivetrain with adjustable-reach levers for smaller hands, the Madone 6.5 WSD dances up climbs, rockets across flats, and descends like a dream on your way to victory.
And they forgot to mention - only 14.1 pounds - SWEET!!!!!!

Technical Details
Brakeset - Shimano Dura-Ace w/adjustable reach STI levers
Cassette - SRAM OpenGlide 1070 11-26, 10 speed
Crank - Bontrager Race X Lite 50/34
Fork - Bontrager Race XXX Lite, full carbon w/E2 carbon steerer
Frame - OCLV Red Carbon
Front Derailleur - Shimano Dura-Ace
Handlebars - Bontrager Race X Lite Blade Carbon, 31.8mm
Headset - Cane Creek IS-8 Integrated w/cartridge bearings, sealed, alloy
Model Year - 2008
Pedals - n/a
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Dura-Ace
Saddle - Bontrager Race X Lite FIT CRZ+
Seat Post - Carbon seat mast cap
Shifters - Shimano ST-R700 STI, adjustable reach, 10 speed
Size - Women’s 52 cm
Stem - Bontrager Race XXX Lite Carbon, 7 degree, 31.8mm
Tires - Bontrager Race X Lite, 700×23c, foldingWheels - Bontrager Race X Lite

No comments: