Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Charity Bike Ride




Above: 2007 Office Depot Team
My husband and I will be riding in the SE Florida MS150 which takes place on May 3rd & 4th, 2008. This is a 2 day, 150 mile bike ride that benefits the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Each biker makes a pledge to raise a minimum of $300 for the society. There will be approximately 3,000 bikers taking place in this ride.



We are riding with the Office Depot Foundation team - cool!!! The husband of one of my bike chick friends is a corporate lawyer for Office Depot. Although he owns a road bike, he only rides occasionally and doesn’t participate in these long charity bike rides like his wife does. My friend said that anyone can ride for the Office Depot team so my husband and I signed up. A couple of weeks ago we started going on weekly training rides with members of the team. So far there are 65 people signed up to ride with the Office Depot Foundation. I can’t wait until the team jersey’s come in so I’ll have bragging rights in front of real riders. “Yup, I ride for the Office Depot Foundation Team.”

From the Multiple Sclerosis website:
What’s New? Drum Roll Please…MS Bike, formerly known as the MS 150 Bike Tour, is proud to introduce our new title sponsor Zimmerman Advertising and the Zimmerman MS Bike Ride Presented by Wachovia!!! The Ride kicks off on Saturday, May 3, 2008 from the UM BankUnited Center in Miami, stops overnight at Metro PCS Village in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo, then heads back to Miami on Sunday, May 4, 2008.

We are introducing an amazing lineup of changes for the 2008 Bike Season: New Title Sponsor, New Bike Route, New Dates, New Logo, New Branding!!! It’s the same event you’ve grown to love and live for with added flavor.

No comments: