Wednesday, April 2, 2008

3rd Place in Time Trial

Hello!

My husband, Rob, and I did our first time trial today. I think the getting up at 5:15 AM in 47 degree weather was the worst part. I think it was going to snow!?! That’s just slightly sarcastic - we live in SE Florida, so 47 is cold, but that would probably be a heat wave for the rest of the country.

The time trial was part of the West Palm Beach Time Trial Series. We missed the first one of 2oo8, which took place last month. But we are going to try to do as many of the remaining races as possible.

The time trial was only a 15K = ~9 1/2 miles. Don’t remember our exact times - 30 minutes maybe? Nasty headwind first half of the ride - I couldn’t freakin’ move my legs. Rob got 9th place for his age group - some hammerhead old dudes were out in force. The overall male finished in like 19 mintues - he had calves the size of oak trees.

And the best part of all - I got 3rd place in my age group - yippie! I don’t really think that means anything - I think there were only 4 girls in my group. But I got a $10 bill and a nice, shiny medal - cool!!!! So now I’ve got the bug, got to see if I can beat my own time next time. They give out a KILLER trophy for first place overall - I want one!

RIDE-A-BIKE, RIDE-A-BIKE, RIDE-A-BIKE, IT’S FUN - WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Take care,
Lynn

No comments: