Wednesday, April 2, 2008

2008 South Florida Road Bike Events


2008 Bike Event Schedule
From time to time my husband and I participate in various road biking events in south Florida. Here is a listing of the events we plan on doing for the remainder of the year. This is not a comprehensive listing of Florida events, just the ones we are thinking of riding.


If you would like more information on any of these events, click on the links to be taken to each events website. You can also email me at thebikediva@yahoo.com if you want to talk to me directly or want to carpool to any of the events or whatever. On the events with question marks, I’ll fill in the exact dates as they become available. And I couldn’t find the 2008 websites for some of the events, so they will be added as I find them.


I’ll also be adding additional events as I find out about them. For instance, last fall, JD State Park in Jupiter had a criterium race series that my husband participated in. If they plan on doing the series again this fall, I may actually sign up to participate.


WPB Time Trial Series - 16KWest Palm Beach, FLSunday, April 13th


Pedal for PAL Bike Tour - 62 or 100 milesWest Palm Beach, FLSunday, April 20th


MS150 - 150 milesCoral Gables, FLSaturday/Sunday, May 3rd & 4th


State Time Trial Championship - 40KWest Palm Beach, FLSaturday, May 31st


WPB Time Trial Series - 16KWest Palm Beach, FL?Sunday, June ?


Lauren Katzenstein Ride - 62 milesLake Worth, FLSunday, June 29th


WPB Time Trial Series - 16KWest Palm Beach, FLSunday, July 27th


WPB Time Trial Series - 40KWest Palm Beach, FLSunday, August 17th


WPB Time Trial Series - 16KWest Palm Beach, FLSunday, September 7th


Intracoastal Waterway Century Ride - 100 milesCocoa Beach, FLFriday, October 24th through Monday, October 27thRide is Sunday the 26th, we are doing this ride through the Leukemia & Lymphoma Societies Team in Training Program. My husband, Rob, is going to be the coach for the team and I’m going to be one of the team mentors. We are going to Cocoa a few days early with our son and daughter so we can take them to the Kennedy Space Center and hang out at the beach.


WPB Time Trial Series - 16KWest Palm Beach, FLSunday, November 2nd


Leach/Lil Bleeder/Tick Adventure RaceJonathan Dickinson State ParkSaturday, November 15th


Kids in Distress Inlet Challenge - 62 or 100 milesFt. Lauderdale, FL?early December

No comments: